Ability to operate with skill a variety of sewing machines including: single needle industrial; industrial; overlock, serger; domestic straight zig-zag machines.
Knowledge and experience of 3D draping and transfer to flat pattern.
Ability to manage time effectively and independently with great interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality work.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. Gerber Accumark 2D
January 2018 - present
University of Texas Austin Butler Opera Center - Costume Design Assistant/ Stitcher/ Wardrobe Supervisor
Work closely with and alter costumes as imagined by costume designer.
Schedule and attend fittings, note alterations. Create new patterns as necessary. Work in an educational environment and work collaboratively with costume designer and director.
Conduct fittings and necessary alterations.
Organize and oversee all costumes and prepare them for the stage. Supervise crew and students and ensure safety.
June 2016 - Present
Zach Scott Theatre, Austin, TX- Stitcher
● Sews, either by machine or hand, the costumes assigned by supervisor or draper.
● Manages time effectively on each sewing project. Flexible.
● Ability to follow directions and execute notes and make any adjustments deemed necessary so that work can progress without error.
● Assure that all garments are labeled with the correct actor name and returned to rack.
● General costume shop maintenance including restocking, organizing borrowed or rented costumes. Labeling and sorting garments, accessories, etc to their assigned area in the shop.
January 2014 - Present
Cristal Martinez Design, Austin, TX- Creative Director/ Draper / Patternmaker
● Concept/ design, develop, and produce a cohesive collection. Create custom garments and do alterations to ensure client satisfaction is met with respect to fit, style, price.
● Apply knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, fabrication, color use, and render free form sketches and technical drawings.
● Research eco friendly materials and up cycle carefully inspected materials.
● Developing technical packs and specifications for sample making and production.
● Attend fit sessions, and make proper adjustments to the sample with respect to sizing, quality, and overall look of the garment and communicate design changes to pattern maker and sample maker
July 2013 - December 2013
Alexander Wang, New York City, NY- Production & Development RTW Intern
● Assist Women's RTW development and production team with following:
● Sew and manipulate textiles/ fabric.
● Assist with fittings, support sample makers, pattern makers, and cutters.
● Compile fabric and trim packets, price fabric options, source leather, fabric trims, notions.
● Organize show supply bins throughout season, archive prototypes and samples.
● Collate images for mood boards and research innovative and unique textiles.
● Prep/ transport collection from studio to venue. assist backstage at NYFW.
June 2010 - August 2012
Projekt 202, Austin, TX - COO Executive Assistant / Assistant Office Manager
● Responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency at an Austin based start-up software UI/UX design agency.
● Create expense reports and arranging travel and lodging for employees and potential candidates. Update and maintain records of expenditures.
● Coordinate company events for 100 + guests, placed orders for various office supplies.
● General office procedures: scanning, filing, emailing, shipping, bank deposits, stock supplies.
Gerber Accumark 2D Certificate
Fashion Illustration Media - Illustrator flats
January 2010 - December 2013
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX- Bachelor of Science in Textiles and Apparel (Fashion Design)
McCombs Business Foundations, Austin, TX - Certificate
● Selected as 1 of 12 out of 59 applicants to compete in the Bernina Blanc Design Challenge
● Selected as official Austin Fashion Week Capsule Collection Designer (2015 & 2016) Clever Patternmaking and Draping Award (May 2013)
● Selected as official Austin Fashion Week Showcase Designer (May 2013)
● University of Texas Spring Fashion Show (April 2013) /Best Technical Design – Collection
● Fashion Group International: Dallas Career Day (April 2013)/Second Place – Natural Fiber (cotton)
● One of 500 garments selected to show at Dallas Career Day (April 2013)- Evening wear